I'm not one that would usually do a blog post about a beauty product but this is something that I thought a lot of people could use. So, if you're a guy there's really no need for you to read this review (though I'm sure the product will work for you, too). And if you're a girl, please keep in mind that my experience with this is with my type of hair so results may vary.
That being said, I'm reviewing Function of Beauty. Have you been on Facebook and noticed the sponsored posts for a company called Function of Beauty.com? If you have, then you'll want to check this out. If you haven't, I'll fill you in. Function of Beauty is a company that specializes in customized shampoo and conditioner. That's right, customized. As in, exactly to your hair. Sounds too good to be true? Well, here's how it works:
1. Indicate your hair type. Your options are straight, wavy, curly, and coily.
2. Indicate your hair structure. Your options are fine, medium, and coarse.
3. Indicate your scalp moisture. Your options are dry, normal, and oily.
4. Choose your five hair goals. Your options are deep condition, replenish hair, fix split ends, strengthen, hydrate, lengthen, volumize, color protection, thermal protection, anti-aging, anti-frizz, curl definition, shine, straighten, nourish roots, soothe scalp, and oil control. (With each option you choose, it'll give you an blurb about the ingredients in the shampoo/conditioner that will help with your target wants).
5. Choose your shampoo/conditioner color.
6. Choose your fragrance. Your options are essential oils, cucumber mint, grapefruit hibiscus, and sandalwood violet.
7. Choose your fragrance strength.
8. Name your shampoo/conditioner. It'll be written on the bottle.
9. Choose the size of your shampoo/conditioner. 8oz bottles of both is 36$, 16oz bottles of both is $46, combinations of 8oz and 16oz is $42, and one 16oz of shampoo or conditioner is $30.
10. Complete and ship.
The site is very straightforward and easy to follow and the quiz is actually fun to take. However, I wish there were more options in terms of your hair type and structure as there are a lot of different hair types and people have combinations. So if that gave more options it'd be perfect. Otherwise, everything else with the quiz is fine.
So here's what I chose: My hair type is coily and my hair structure is coarse (though I think it's more medium so if I get more I'll choose that instead). My hair goals are deep condition, hydrate, strengthen, lengthen, and shine. My scalp moisture is normal. My fragrance choice was essential oils, I did a medium fragrance. The shampoo/conditioner have no dyes, and I chose the 8oz bottles.
From the time I ordered it to when I got it was about 5 or 6 days and when I received it, I rushed to try it. The bottles come with a cap, but squirt tops come with the package as well, if you prefer those. The consistency of the shampoo and conditioner is similar to hand soap so it's easy to move through your hair. And, guys, it worked amazingly well for me. I have never had my hair start out so soft after having had shampoo, condition, and blow dry. And it detangled my hair so easily. So far I've used it twice and I'm going to use it again this weekend as I only wash my hair once a week (more if I excessively go to the gym) and I've already had people comment on how my hair looks different; shinier and longer. The only caveat is that I chose a medium fragrance strength with essential oils; it smells very much like peppermint and even the fumes made my eyes water and sting as if I got shampoo in them.
The quiz is easy, though there could be more choices, the ordering and shipping was fast, and the product is great. (Be careful with your fragrance choice/strength). All in all, I'd have to give Function of Beauty an A-.
Loves anything red. Rock music, playing the guitar, drawing, writing, tattoos, and sports are some of my interests and hobbies. I like to laugh, I like to think I'm funny. I talk a lot...just a warning.